📣Congratulations to all of our free English class winners from the previous article. 🎊🎉
In this last article in this very basic 3-part series, we finish up on the 3 rules of when to use “a/an” or “the” for describing nouns. This 3-part series might seem more relevant for beginner students. However, these 3 basic rules are actually extremely useful and relevant to all English students. In fact, according to my over 10-years’ experience as an English teacher here in Shanghai, I do see this problem again and again in even my most advanced students‘ writing.
在这个非常基本的3部分系列的最后一篇文章中，我们完成了何时使用 “a/an” 或 “the” 描述名词的3条规则。 这个分为三部分的系列与初学者更相关。 但是，这3条基本规则实际上非常有用，并且与所有英语学生相关。 实际上，根据我在上海的十多年英语老师的经验，即使在我最优秀的学生的写作中，我也一次又一次地看到这个问题。
Can you still remember what is Rule #1 (discussed in Part 1)? Right! “Oh, that one!”
您还记得第一条规则吗（在第1部分中讨论）？ 对！ “哦，那个!”
And remember that Rule #2 (discussed in Part 2) was “1st Time, 2nd Time”
As promised, here are the correct answers to the practice exercises from Rule #2:
- There is _a_ coffee shop on my street. There is _a_ restaurant next to _the_ coffee shop. I often drink coffee in _the_ coffee shop, but I don’t like _the_ restaurant.
- In my bedroom is _a_ bed. Next to _the_ bed is _a_ table. I put _an_ alarm clock on _the_ table. _The_ alarm clock wakes me up every morning.
- My classroom has _a_ whiteboard and _a_ globe. There is _a_ window in the room. Sometimes I open _the_ window if I’m hot.
- We had _a_ test yesterday. _The_ test was very difficult.
- I like my smart phone. It has _a_ calculator, _a_ camera, and _an_ alarm clock. I never use _the_ calculator, but I often use _the_ camera.
Did you fill in all of the blanks correctly? Great job! 👍
Now let’s finish this 3-part series about when to use “a/an” or “the” by reviewing the last rule – Rule #3:
现在，通过回顾最后一条规则-规则3，完成有关何时使用 “a/an” 或 “the” 的三部分系列文章：
Try to fill in the following blanks with either “a/an” or “the” :
尝试用 “a/an” 或 “the” 填充以下空白：
- There is ______ bed in my bedroom. It is ______ very comfortable bed.
- ______ coffee shop on my street is ______ very good coffee shop. ______ restaurant next to ______ coffee shop is ______ very expensive restaurant.
- Sarah is ______ engineer and she is trying to solve ______ difficult problem.
- This book is ______ very colorful book.
- We have ______ English test tomorrow which I think will be ______ easy test.
- I have _____ good computer, but ______ printer is too old. I want to get _____new printer.
Below are two short stories for you to practice the three rules that we have learned over the last 3 articles. Now try to fill in the following blanks using “a/an” or “the” according to Rules #1, #2, & #3:
以下是两个简短的故事，供您练习过去三篇文章中学到的三个规则。现在，根据规则＃1, ＃2和＃3，尝试使用 “a/an” 或 “the” 填写以下空格：
Follow my account & I’ll send you back the answers to these practice exercises if you ask. The answers will also be posted in the next article ✌️
👇 👇 👇 👇
As before, there’s TWO ways to win a free English class with Teacher Leslie, a value worth over 200rmb! Each follower can only win one free class per article.
- Be among the 1st 10 followers to send us a message with the correct answers to the above practice exercises. 👍⭐😝😎
- Be among the first 15 followers to post this article to either your WeChat moments, or to any other English-related WeChat group, and then send the screen shot to our WeChat account.
Also, be sure to check out our ABC website for more details about all of our training options: http://ABC-Training-China.com/ or scan this QR Code to go directly to the website:
请务必查看ABC商务英语网站以获取有关我们所有培训选项的更多详细信息：http://ABC-Training-China.com/ zh/252-2/ 或扫描此二维码浏览官网
👇 👇 👇 👇 👇
- 精华商务英语 （听、 说、 写）
- 餐饮 (F&B) 场地工作人员 （从一开始） 英语
- 商务英语写作 （电子邮件、 报告、 演示文稿、……）
- 成为一个 Microsoft Office 超级用户